Friday, November 4, 2011

Anastazija Manasievska: Q&A

Radost bre!! photo courtesy of the artist.
Anastazija Manasievska. A young woman with fire in her eyes.
Photo courtesy of the artist.
Thought provoking images created through abstract photo-manipulation. However, she's studying Architecture. Power, control, recording moments in time, and a love of the everyday. All things that could be said about Anastazija, and Radost bre!!  

SP:  The photo album "Radost bre!!!", what does this mean and what was it about?


AM: Radost bre, means Happiness. The photos were taken at a party we organised, as a surprise for three of my best friends, who came back home after a three month trip. We were all really excited to see them.


SP: How did you create the look of the photos?

AM: The photos were taken with Nikon D40. The creating of the look was very simple, I just used two or three of them and combined them in Photoshop, using the Overlay and Lighten function. I got the golden sparkly effect from the top I was wearing the night actually. 


SP:  How long have you been a photographer?

AM: I started taking pictures 5 years ago.


SP:  What are some of your influences, as far as art?

AM: I love art in any form. I tend to find inspiration in small, simple things; a moment, a smile, a look... Many artists have had an influence on me and that changes as time goes by. Right now, I'm in love with the work of Benjamin Goss. He's amazing.


SP: 
Are you working on any projects right now?

AM: Right now, I'm not working on any projects, but that doesn't mean I don't always carry a camera with me. I'm a full time architecture student, so my studies mostly take all of my time. At the moment, photography is just a hobby I love.


SP:  For most photographers there's always usually two or more things they love about the medium. Whats yours?

AM: I love photography because it's personal to me. I love it because in a single moment it stops time. There forever to hold. And the most beautiful part of it is that I don't just see that moment, I see everything I know about the person or place and everything that went before or has gone since. For me, photography always felt like magic


AM: Kerwin, you really surprised me, thank you so much!!! You and your devotion to art is amazing!!!!!!!!
Thanks again so much, this really means a lot to me!!


SP: Anastazija, your very welcome, and thank you. I think the photo's really have something to them. A strange, beautiful graphic feel. Moments and memories frozen in time, that speak of something more. "Its a kind of magic"(Queen)

Would you like to know more? www.facebook.com/samoednaeanastazijamanasievska  

Interview by K.K.W  "Art is the reason, art is the way"

Radost bre!!, Photo courtesy of the artist.


No comments: